Quest for the Lost Key of Protection
We pray for St. Benedict to intercede on our behalf to protect us from sin and evil along our journey. The St. Benedict’s medal placed upon an ancient key serves to remind us of this need for protection. Jesus is the key to Heaven but faith unlocks the door!
During Catholic Schools Week 2019, Holy Family Elementary invites you to embark on a quest for the “Lost Key of Protection.” This journey will be an adventure that involves studying daily clues, searching, inquiring, questioning and reasoning. The “Lost Key” must be found before the passing of Catholic Schools Week 2019, Saturday, February 2nd.
Beginning Sunday, January 27, 2019 and each day after two clues will be given on Holy Family Elementary’s facebook page and at www.hfehays.org as well as shared on TMP-Marian’s facebook page and at www.tmp-m.org. The clues will be clearly labeled as a “Lost Key Clue.” These daily clues will be revealed at 3:00pm and 5:00pm and will give you vital information that will lead to where the Lost Key can be found. The Lost Key is no larger than 5 inches long or tall and is located within the city limits of Hays, Kansas, U.S.A. The key was lost on public, Catholic school or Catholic church property, where it still resides today. Nothing must be opened, turned over or otherwise disturbed to see or discover where this key is located; it can be seen by the naked eye. The key will not be moved until it is discovered or the the deadline, February 2nd, 2019, has come to pass.
The Quest has ended. The key has been claimed. Protection be upon the Jeff & Julie Brull family! You’ve earned your just reward! The key was lost and foundat the base of a lone locust in the grassy area on the east side of TMP-Marian campus.
Clue #1: On the edge – TMP-M is on the edge of Hays.
Clue #2: Old and new – TMP-M is a historical building with many new improvements.
Clue #3: Aiming to defend – When SJMA, a cannon once stood outside the main building.
Clue #4: At one time without at home – Hays Catholic College (original TMP-M) was not always destined for Hays.
Clue #5: Near the sunset – TMP-M is on the west side of Hays near the sunset.
Clue #6: Life from the depths and from the heights – A tree lives from the deepest roots to the tip of the heighest branch.
Clue #7: The sisterhood of Mary and Kate – Kate O’loughlin Elementary was once Marian High.
Clue #8: As the crow flies, look for the green stripe. – When viewed on Google Maps satellite imagery, a clear green line separates TMP-M from Hall Street.
Clue #9: The shadow of the cross once fell at dusk. – A large cell tower in the shape of a cross once cast a shadow on the campus at the sunset.
Clue #10: An apostle of living light – The sun is truly a living light. Trees reach and yearn for the sun just as the apostles reached and yearned for Jesus.
Clue #11: Children of the glorious dead, who for freedom fought and bled – encompassed by – The Victory Song. TMP-M is encompassed by Victory Road.
Clue #12: Exodus 3: 1-5 – in the 9th when they come home. – Each September, the 9th month, we welcome home TMP-M alums. Part of the festivities is a bonfire that inevitably sets a poor lone Locust ablaze.
Thank you all for enjoying and participating in the 2019 Quest for the Lost Key of Protection. Until it is lost again….
The first treasure hunter to successfully quest after and discover the Lost Key will be richly rewarded for their efforts. The finder of the Lost Key will be able to access great riches in the fod of $250 HFE Bucks. If the key is not found before the deadline, it will be deemed as forever lost!
Please carefully read and follow the rules for the Quest:
- The Lost Key is located on public property. Please do not trespass on private property. You will not have to open any doors, climb any fences, scale any buildings or otherwise endanger yourself in any way in the finding of the lost key.
- The Lost Key is within the city limits of Hays, Kansas, U.S.A. as defined by city code 3249-294-8932bc-9023; in other words, the city map.
- This “Quest” begins on Sunday, January 27 with the first clue being posted at 3:00 PM and the second at 5:00 PM. There will be a clue twice daily during Catholic Schools Week, the key is found or the end of day on Saturday, February 2nd, 2019.
- Please practice safety and Christian courtesy in questing after this important ancient relic. Upon finding the key, please follow the guidance provided by the key at which time you will receive your just reward.
- Catholic School Principals and their family members are deemed unworthy of this competition thus their participation is forbad. All others, far and wide, are welcome to participate in this noble quest.
- The clues will be difficult, deceptive, wise and clever. You will need to spend time deliberating over them, looking for symbolism and hidden meanings. Clues will need be studied as well as the humble village of Hays, America.
- Good Luck and God be with you!
Order HFE Bucks
Please visit the HFE Bucks page now located under the Fundraising tab on the top main menu or click here!